Thursday 26 July 2012

Hiya

I know what you're thinking...
Why a blog ten years after everyone else?
And why does your blog look so rubbish?


Well, I am technologically hopeless, and am hoping to improve the look of said blog after I throw myself on the mercy of my children and or friends shortly.
And the truth of the matter is I enjoy writing. And since hanging up my journalism high heels a few months back, my writing has mostly consisted of notes to teachers, comments on other people's blogs, notes to teachers and Mumsnetting - soon to become a recognised verb.
And notes to teachers.

The title Writing from the sideline, is really the best I could come up with and it took me a long time to think up.
Yes, really.
It comes after an inspiring coffee, walk and window shop with my friend Monique who writes over at Each day a gift.

We were talking about how we both are watch from the sidelines kind of people.
And that's where the title came from.
I was briefly tempted to call it Judging from the sideline.
But. Yeah. Decided against it. Not because it's not true you understand, but because I am a Christian and judging is a big no-no.

So here we are.

Stick with me - it can only get better?

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!
    About time your writing went online my girl - can't wait to read more (might actually inspire me to blog again!)

    Love you
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I just found this! Can't wait to read more - and smiling that our conversation was what got this started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. That was AGES ago...what took you so long?

      Delete